Your Body Hub is committed to the care and best practice in relation to the management of information we collect. Your Body Hub has developed a policy to protect client privacy in compliance with privacy legislation, Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), The Australian Privacy Principles and any State or Territory Privacy Laws.
Our policy is to inform you of:
- the kinds of personal information that we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold personal information;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information;
- how you may access your personal information and seek the correction of that information;
- how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how we will deal with such a complaint;
- whether we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The type of information we may collect and hold includes personal information about:
- Your name, address, date of birth, email and contact details;
- Medicare number;
- Your health information and other sensitive information.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
We will generally collect personal information:
- from you directly when you provide your details to us;
- from a person responsible for you;
- from third parties where the Privacy Act or other law allows it.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
In general, we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide a rewarding and holistic service to you;
- to communicate with you;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to help us manage our accounts and administrative services.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to and correction of the personal information which we hold about you in accordance with our access policy. If a fee is charged for providing access, you will be advised of the cost in advance. The persons to contact at Your Body Hub is the Managerial Team, either the Manager or Assistant Manager.
How can you make a privacy related complaint?
We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your information and comply with our legal obligations. Our staff are trained and required to respect your privacy. We take reasonable steps to protect information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues or wish to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or the handling of your personal information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer.
You may lodge your complaint in writing. Any complaint will be investigated by the Privacy Officer and you will be notified of the making of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as is practicable after it has been made, usually within 30 days.
If after making contact and you are still unhappy, you can contact the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
Are we likely to disclose your personal information overseas?
We may disclose your personal information to the following overseas recipients: - any individual who assist us in providing care to you;
- anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it; and
- anyone else where authorised by law
Updates to this Policy
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and other necessary developments.
How can you contact us?
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 03 8578 6544
Postal Address: Suite 26, 445 Princes Highway, Officer VIC 3809